Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dragon Fire





by James Hartley



The Reporter followed the Professor into the barn. "My God, it is a dragon!"

"Yes," said the Professor. "Many of the old stories about dragons are true. We found remains with DNA, and were able to bring one to life."

"Does it really breathe flames?" The Reporter looked nervously at the dragon's mouth and inched around behind the giant beast.

"Not exactly. There are flames, but it doesn't breath them ..."

The dragon lifted its tail. There was a loud noise and a tongue of fire shot out, incinerating the Reporter.

"It farts flames," said the Professor to the Reporter's ashes.

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. Thanks for the giggle. I don't think I could write anything in 100 words exactly. Kudos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this, Jim! I hope you saw the one I posted on Gail Branan's blog when I guested there, The Anniversary. It was published in an online newsletter. I had never done one and found it was a lot of fun! Thank you for posting this one! Don't know why no one wanted it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed the story, Jim! And in 100 words--amazing.

    ReplyDelete